Websites we like
- When Saturday Comes: From a couple of A4 photocopied pages to the sleek publication available in your local newsagent, or for the more lazy amongst you, your computer, WSC is the benchmark for supporter publications.
- Fisted Away: Each short article in Fisted Away contains funny, irreverent musings which should make you smile, or better still, laugh. If it doesn’t you’ve probably had a sense of humour by-pass. Or you just hate life. Go for a walk or something…
- Old Football Games: A website dedicated to football games from the past and present – both English and further afield. In our opinion one of the great websites out there on that there t’interweb.
- The Fiver: If you don’t know what The Fiver is then click on the link above, subscribe yourself, then sit back and wait for tea-time to arrive. When it does your in box will be full of facts, frivolity and fantastic writing and other thinks beginning with F
- In Bed With Maradonna: One of the best football blogs out there. Has won many plaudits and rightly so. Nothing more to say.
Let me know if there’s any football blogs/sites you feel should be added to the list and if I like them, up they go! Two rules:
• Mustn’t be corporate or an official site
• Must be about all footy and not just the Premiership
Send your links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Design, illustration and print
- Quinky Art: Elliott Quince is an Illustrator, animator, stuntman, children’s entertainer, astronaut, compulsive liar, and now officially stand-up comedian – available for hire. He also is very tall and rocks a splendid beard
- It's Nice That: Online authority of all things lovely and producers of a beautiful bi-annual publication to boot.
- Print Club London: Print Club encourages illustrators and artists to silk screen print their original designs on paper, cloth or whatever will hold the ink! They run affordable silk screen print workshops (which we’ve been on *two thumbs up*)
- Jim The Illustrator: Jim is an illustrator par excellence. Writes a great blog piece too.
- Martin Lucas Website Design: Martin is the kind, patient, Evertonian that built this website. He specialises in designing websites for individuals and small businesses.
Other stuff we like
- Present and Correct: Group of designers that make delightful things in their front room or source them from around the globe. Stationery sets, pencil cases, prints, letterpress cards and a lot more too.
- The Chap: This one is for my husband (he’s also my marketing manager). Looking at the modern day through the language of a more refined era, The Chap bravely stares at the headlights of the 21st century and states “I will wear tweed”.
- Nice cup of tea and a sit down: Is there anything better than a nice cup of tea and a sit down? Well, as it ‘appens, yes, there is – the website of the same name! Regular features like ‘Biscuit of the week’, news on all things drinking tea related, cake recipes and so on
- Enjoy North Norfolk: Informative website giving you the low down and inside info on all things North Norfolk from its towns and villages to places to stay and eat
- Flashback (and any record shop going that sells vinyl). Whether it be Sounds that Swing, Intoxica, Rough Trade, a record fair etc, vinyl is the preferred music format in the Orton household. And as any lady knows, 7, 10 and 12 inches deliver pleasure and warmth in a way CDs and downloads never will.