Premium Essay


In: Other Topics

Submitted By Marma
Words 3191
Pages 13
In 1977, Steeby and Fial formed a partnership to perform auditing services. They shared equally in the equity, income and profits of the partnership. They began the partnership as the only one performing the services but eventually had to hire independent contractors to do the work. In 1984, Steeby and Fial were supervising and finding new work but not performing the services. Fial’s activities generated 80% of the business and Steeby the other 20%. Fial was unhappy with the arrangement and wrote Steeby to dissolve the partnership. He said that the dissolution should simply require assignment of accounts. Fial told the ICs that their obligations to the partnership would be terminated on 9/10/84 and Fial then terminated the contacts with the clients and put them under Ks with his new firm. He then hired new auditors to do the auditing. The partnership was formally terminated on 5/23/85. Steeby sued for breach of the partnership agreement and for final accounting of the assets. Trial court found that Fial had breached the agreement by breaching his fiduciary obligations. The breach occurred when: 1) he fired the auditors and dissipated the assets of the partnership; 2) terminated the contracts with the clients and taking over the work. JUDGMENT: Upheld trial court’s determination of breach of fiduciary duty and the constructive trust.

A sole trader works alone, he/she is liable for everything about the business, day-today running of the business, its success and failure. If he/she fails, he/she will lose not only his/her business but his/her losses will extend to his/her personal possessions too to cover the cost of the business.The capital investment is comparatively less,The managerial ability of a sole trading concern is limited.

In partnerships, the business is organised by partners and owned equally amongsts them. The decisions are made by the…...

Similar Documents

Free Essay


...4-Pentadiene 1,5-Hexadiene 2. Comparison of the heat of hydrogenation of 1,3-butadiene and 1-butene: ∆H° (kJ mol–1) 2 CH2=CHCH2CH3 + 2 H2 1-Butene CH2=CHCH=CH2 + 2 H2 1,3-Butadiene 2 CH3CH2CH2CH3 (2 × –127) = –254 2 CH3CH2CH2CH3 = –239 Difference 15 kJ mol–1 1) Hydrogenation of 1,3-butadiene liberates 15 kJ mol–1 less than expected ⇒ conjugation imparts some extra stability to the conjugated system. Figure 13.6 Heats of hydrogenation of 2 mol of 1-butene and 1 mol of 1,3-butadiene. 3. Assessment of the conjugation stabilization of trans-1,3-pentadiene: CH2=CHCH2CH3 1-Pentene CH3CH2 C H H2C CH C H C CH3 C CH3 H ∆H° = –226 kJ mol–1 ∆H° = –126 kJ mol–1 H ∆H° = –115 kJ mol–1 Sum = –241 kJ mol–1 trans-2-Pentene Diffference = –15 kJ mol–1 ~ 21 ~ trans-1,3-Pentadiene 1) Conjugation affords trans-1,3-pentadiene an extra stability of 15 kJ mol–1 ⇒ conjugated dienes are more stable than isolated dienes. 4. What is the source of the extra stability associated with conjugated dienes?. 1) In part from the stronger central bond that they contain (sp2-sp2 C–C bond). 2) In part from the additional delocalization of the π electrons that occurs in conjugated dienes. 13.9 ULTRAVIOLET-VISIBLE SPECTROSCOPY 13.9A UV-VIS SPECTROPHOTOMERS 13.9B ABSORPTION MAXIMA FOR NONCONJUGATED AND CONJUGATED DIENES 13.9C ANALYTICAL USES OF UV-VIS SPECTROSCOPY 13.10 ELECTROPHILIC ATTACK ON CONJUGATED DIENES: 1,4-ADDITION 1. 1,3-butadiene reacts with......

Words: 71293 - Pages: 286

Premium Essay

Appendix C

...that likes to serve others. In order to have a good job you will definitely need good values like the ones I have choosen. 2. How do these values affect your ethical discision making? I have chose these five values to help me to make good ethical decisions. For example I take full responsibility when I clean other homes. There paying to have their house clean and that is what their going to have. 3. What will you do when one or more of the values you have listed conflict? If any of my values conflict together. I will stoop an analyze the situation and sit down and figure out the issue. Then I will figure out how to resolve the issue. 4. Reflect on the values of your organization you are familiar with. Are there any major diffferences between your personal values and the orgaization values? I do not think there are any major difference in the values that I have chosen and with the orgaization values. Aanybody has different values but they should be fair in a work place. It is all about corporation....

Words: 355 - Pages: 2